Monday, June 18, 2012

"Upcycling is the new Recycling."

 "Upcycling is the new Recycling!"

Welcome back to my blog! Today's topic is Upcycling: "...the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value."

Entertainment Seating: layered pallets.
I would love to be an entirely "original" creative person; but in reality, I'm a teacher; and like millions of other educators worldwide my motto is "borrow from the best" of educators and lesson plans to create the best curriculum and lessons for my students. As a result, I've borrowed some of these creative upcycling ideas from Pinterest and Google Images to share with you today. Here are some of the interesting project ideas that I have found for "upcycling" that you can do at home. 

Old dresser planter.
There is a larger project database of ideas that I've collected at this link: which takes you to my "Upcycling" pinboard on Pinterest. (You do not have to be a Pinterest member to view it.) 

So now, my challenge is to wander the halls of my house looking for waste, junk, or useless materials to create some of my own "upcycling" projects of my own. I plan to share them with you here on this blog all summer. 

From clothing hanger to Chip Clip! 
I hope these ideas inspire you to begin some projects of your own! 


If you have pictures, or links to projects that inspire you to "Upcycle" please share them in the comments section below!